I’ve been working as a full-time freelancer for a couple of weeks now and so far I’m as happy as I could be.
- Working more and more with Statamic it’s more clear than ever that this is the CMS I want to invest time and energy going forward
- Having prototyped a native mobile application with Figma, which I’ll likely help building
- Created a simple single page that consists of a single HTML page. No CMS, not SSG, no SPA. Just markup plus the ever better Tailwind CLI is all I need. And Alpine for a little bit of DOM interaction. Really didn’t miss webpack.
- My son turned 4 this week. Boy, time does fly indeed (cliché alert).
- 🎧️ Enjoying Andrew Weir’s new book “Project Hail Mary” in audio format
Apps and services I enjoy using these days
- Craft Docs: It’s a running gag, but once again I’ve finally turned my back to Evernote and moved stuff out. Craft’s joy of use is worlds superior and the speed and passion they ship new features is impressive.
- mymind: No more manually tagging and sorting stuff. If it’s interesting or inspiring I’ll put it on mymind and I’ll find it again, thanks to mymind’s automatic categorization.
- Endel: I’ve had Endel for quite a while, but my usage has increased in the last weeks while working solo. Helps me to focus.
Updated July 23rd 2021 from Freiburg, Germany
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers